New COVID Training Measures
As government restrictions are lifting, we are looking forward to re-opening our training centers in Vancouver and Edmonton. However, in order to provide training in a safe environment and inline with current health orders, many measures will be implemented.
Below is a list of some measures you can expect when attending training at Pacific Ropes. This list isn't exhaustive but those that are applicable during your training week will be reviewed at the start of the course via the risk assessment and safe work practices.
- Everyone is required to maintain a distance of 2m between themselves, other students, instructors, and assessors/evaluators.
- There will be tape on the ground to help you visualize what 2m is.
- Unnecessary areas of the facilities will be cordoned off.
- Everyone will need to hand sanitize when they come into the facility.
- Course sizes will be reduced.
- All students will have their own separate kits that will be kept in boxes throughout the week. No one will be allowed to exchange or share equipment.
- Face shields and gloves must be worn while on rope.
- Some demos will be shown via video.
- All students will have their own hand sanitizer and bag of wipes.
- Students are expected to wipe down common use areas such as bathroom sinks, door handles, light switches, railings, and classroom table before and after use.
- Students will have a designated table area for them to use throughout the week and they are not to sit at someone else's area.
- Masks will be worn during classroom time.
- Students must wash their hands for 20 seconds or hand sanitize periodically throughout the day, after any activity such as using the bathroom facilities, coming on and off rope, eating, etc.
- 5 min breaks throughout the day will be scheduled for a full wipe down of common use areas.
- There will be limited access to kitchen facilities. The fridge is available for use but there won't be any utensils, cups, plates, or dishes available. Students will be required to bring their own cutlery and dishware.
- Cleaners will be cleaning the facility every night during a training course.
These measures will definitely change the way we operate during a course but we feel positive that they will work out for everyone. Our goal is to continue to provide the best training possible in an environment that you feel safe coming to.
If you are interested in training, please head to our registration page below.